Frequently asked questions

How do I know my information will be kept confidential?

What you discuss during counselling sessions is kept confidential and any notes I keep are kept in a locked filing cabinet. However, I have a legal obligation to break confidentiality in compliance with a court order, concerns over child protection and information or knowledge regarding fraud, money laundering, drug trafficking or acts of terrorism.

What if I become unwell or test postive for Covid 19 whlist having sessions with yourself? 

If you become ill at any point with suspected Covid 19 symptoms please do not come to the venue; inform me ASAP so I can cancel the session or arrange to have the session remotely with you if you are well enough. Additionally,

I will cancel the session and contact you to re arrange if have any symptoms of Covid 19. 


Who checks I am working ethically?

As a accrediated member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy I bound by a set of guidelines to ensure I am practicing in an ethical manner. I am required to attend monthly supervision with a counsellor who has received additional training.

Is counselling effective?

The National Institute for Clinical and Health Excellence highlights that talking therapies have been shown to be effective in improving psychological wellbeing particularly for mild to moderate mental health conditions.

Will I have to do any tasks in between counselling sessions?

Some clients find it useful to do tasks in between sessions and approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy often use techniques which require clients to look at their thoughts, feelings and behaviours in different environments.

What happens if I can’t make a session?

If you wish to cancel a session you are required to give 48 hours notice. If you give less notice you will be charged the full cost for the session.

What if you see me outside of a counselling session?

I will maintain confidentiality and would not approach you.

How do I pay? 

You can pay for the counselling sessions 24 hours in advance through bank transfer following the free initial consultation. 

Do you accept private medical insurance? 

I work with several private medical insurance companies. Please contact me for further details. 

Do I offer couple therapy?

No, but I can suggest registered couple therapists in your area who may be able to support you and your partner.

Do I counsel young people under the age of 18?

No, but I can suggest registered therapists in your area who may be able to support you or your child.